A disturbed sleeping pattern has become the norm in our ever-busy present day world. Whether it is poor diet or a sedentary lifestyle, both of these cost your health. In the long run, this interferes with a peaceful sleep at night. It is why you should include yoga for insomnia in your daily schedule.
There are some powerful yogic hand gestures to help you sleep peacefully at night. Moreover, in comparison to yoga poses you can do these mudras in the sleeping position.
How Can Yoga Mudras Help Me Sleep?
A continuous lack of quality sleep for longer duration is the first sign of insomnia. This sleep-related problem impacts around 40% of the world’s population. It also impacts your mental and physical health.
Yoga Mudras help promote quality sleep by rewiring your brain. It activates the nerve centers which correspond to the acupressure points in your hands.
Want to know how these help you sleep soundly at night? Keep reading.
- Practicing yoga mudra helps clear all mental clutter and calms down your mind. It also keeps anxiety and stress away for good.
- Yoga Mudras minimize the physiological symptoms of insomnia. There are Mudras which improve your metabolic system and help with weight loss.
Yoga Mudras For Good Quality Sleep
Without further ado, let us check out which yoga mudras help you sleep peacefully at night.
- Surya Mudra
As the name states, Surya Mudra is a gesture to the Sun. This yoga mudra helps cultivate light to beat the inner darkness which hinders a peaceful sleep at night. It increases the fire element in your body and burns out the impurities of the mind. It helps you wake up fresh and carry on the day with more energy.
To do this mudra, you should:
- Sit in the Sukhasana pose.
- Bend your ring finger and touch it to the base of the thumb.
- Put some pressure on top of the ring finger by the thumb.
- Lie still for a few breaths and hold the posture.
- Matangi Mudra
Matangi Mudra is the “seal of harmony”. It nourishes the internal systems in your body including the circulatory, digestive, and lymphatic system. The healthy functioning of all these system ensures you get a good night’s sleep without hassle.
This yoga mudra also stimulates the Solar Plexus. It helps improve your metabolic system and will-power. To practice this Mudra, you should:
- Sit in a comfortable posture.
- Join both hands and cross the fingers at the Solar Plexus region.
- Raise your middle finger to point towards each other.
- Keep the other fingers crossed and hold this pose with deep breaths.
You should practice this yoga for insomnia technique to enjoy a deep sleep everynight.
- Shakti Mudra
Shakti refers to the vital energy. Daily practice of the Shakti Mudra calms your mind, and improves your respiratory impulses. In the long run, it improves circulation to the brain and helps you fall asleep without any hassle.
On a deeper level, this mudra heals physical and emotional trauma caused due to anxiety which leads to insomnia. To practice this yogic technique you should:
- Come into the Padmasana.
- Wrap your thumb under the index and middle finger. Try making a fist with these two.
- Stretch the little and ring finger. Join them with their other counterpart of the other hand.
- Hold this position for a few minutes and relax.
- Gyan Mudra
Gyan Mudra, as the name suggests, is the gesture of “knowledge and wisdom” through which you experience peace of mind. You practice this yoga mudra in combination with meditation which multiplies its effectiveness.
Daily practice of this mudra under guidance stimulates the root chakra. This destroys all mental hurdles and tension which cause you to lose sleep. The Gyan Mudra is a powerful yoga for insomnia technique.
To practice this yoga mudra, you should:
- Sit in a comfortable posture like Padmasana or Siddhasana.
- Keep both hands on your knees.
- Place the tip of your index finger on tip of the thumb and form a circle with it.
- Maintain this pose with proper breathing. Relax.
To practice either of these yogic techniques you should enroll in a certified yoga school and learn everything about this effective way to good sleep.
Are you finding it hard to sleep peacefully at night? It is time you make these yoga for insomnia a part of your daily routine. Join a Yoga Alliance certified yoga school to learn and practice these under expert’s guidance.
Also Read: Lego piece 26047